I Hate Recruiters

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Paging Mister No-Show

From Southern Living At It's Lowest

So yesterday I went to the... giant conglomerate for an interview.

My sharp little young pup headhunter met me out there to introduce me to my potential boss.


So me and the Headhunter go in to get an access badge...

The Security Officer then calls the guy that we are suppose to see.

He gets voicemail and leaves a message.

We wait about five minutes the Security Officer calls again.
Again, he gets the voicemail, and hangs up.

So my headhunter calls the guy's number on his cell phone Then my HH calls the HR chick who set up the interview. Bingo, voicemail again!

Then my HH starts stopping random people who are leaving for lunch. He is asking them if they know Mr. NoShow.

The 3rd person that he asks says, "Sure I know him, let me find you someone from his dept." So the guy flags down some poor girl who takes us up to Mr. NoShow's important cubicle by the window.

This girl then finds someone who knows Mr. NoShow's cell phone number. So this new guy calls the butthead on his cellphone.

Does this guy answer the cellphone? HELL NO!! So then the guy radioes the cellphone. NoShow answers immediately and says that he is walking into the building.

Mr. NoShow walks in with wet slicked down hair and bleary-eyed. (It's so obvious the his sorry ass just tumbled out of bed and showered.) It's 11:30 by now and 30 minutes after our agreed meeting time.

We introduce ourselves, "Hey, how ya doing?" Mr. NoShow says, "You really got me on the spot here, can I speak to you for a moment Mr. Head Hunter?".

So they walk away from me about 10 feet and start whispering like school girls.

A minute later HH comes over looking like he just swallowed his tie and says,

    I am so so sorry. Mr. NoShow just told me that the position was eliminated due to downsizing two days ago and that he told this all to the HR chick.

    She was suppose to call us and tell us that Mr. No Show would not be interviewing you today.
I sweetly bit my tongue and told HH, "Aw don't worry about it, it's not your fault, just some simple miscommunication, no big deal."

Me and HH chit chatted for a bit and walked out together while he apologized the whole time. But I was so pissed.

Full posting: Southern Living At It's Lowest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home