I Hate Recruiters

Sunday, March 20, 2005

I H8 Recruiters

I was reading an article about Road Rage in Toronto and I thought, "There's a lot of hate in our society, isn't there?"

So, then I asked myself, "Is there anyway I can exploit that hatred? For money?".

I couldn't think of any but then I exchanged a few emails with Antonia Zerbisias and I got the idea for this blog.

So, here's my introduction:

Don't you hate recruiters who try to push you into jobs that are not right for you just so they can make a few bucks?

Don't you hate recruiters who say they'll call you back and don't?

Don't you hate recruiters who claim to be experts
but don't understand what you do?

Don't you hate recruiters who...hey, don't you hate recruiters, period? I find that lots of people do even when the recruiters help them!

Anyway, if you hate recruiters sometimes or all the time,
then this glob's for you.

I'm going to start things off with postings I've found on other blogs. But in order to continue, I'll need reports from you, the general public.

Yes, I need you to be a watchdog barking up a storm.
And, recruiters, you can squeal too. Look at it as Quality Control.

I don't know if this will last for more than a few weeks.
That depends on the hating public.

So, if you want it to continue, keep the hate-on!

And, by the way, friends, don't feel guilty for being angry. This is righteous hatred for social justice -- and that makes it A-OK!

And, hey, listen, I can publish happy stories, too.
If you want it to be a Love-In, that's up to you.

Guidelines

1. I don't think we'll be able, ordinarily, to use real names
For fear of legal trouble. If you have any knowledge about that, pls let us know in the comments section, below.

2. All submissions will be subject to editing
a) to make them more readable
b) to edit out stuff that goes over the top

3. To send us a sob story, click here.

5 Comments:

  • In a most ways u guys are very right, because it seems that most head hunters dont use their heads while recruiting or soliciting recruitments.

    I've had this personal experience of going through a zillion head hunting agencies to fetch a better deal - i.e. job for my self, but in the end I had to do all the slogging alone. I cant say I'm gainfully employed now, but nevertheless I'm doing good.

    In the end it was all my personal efforts which counted by contacting companies directly with cover letters, decent enuf resume and follow up calls.

    Time to banish these middle men who are a drain on human effort.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:22 AM  

  • "Don't you hate recruiters who say they'll call you back and don't?"

    I hate this, exactly! Why blurt things out of your mouth that you never end up doing? it can't be the first time....it's like they promise things to each candidate, and it's like a "line" a "gimmick". I think it's pathological...to promise people repeatedly things you never deliver on.

    This industry is in need of regulations.

    If a lawyer did that, made false promises and lied, man they'd be in trouble....

    scumbags. Recruiters are scumbags.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:54 PM  

  • I lately got a mail from a recruiter asking me if I was looking for a new challenge. Now what is the big deal? The big deal is I am looking for a job! And the job would pay me money, and with the money I pay my house, and with the money I take care of my children. I want my job to be close to home, I want it to pay me money. I do not want a challenge! I do not give .... about the culture in a company. And I got enough challenges in my life just to survive, you 'female dog'. The problem is recruiters want to make more out of their job then there is. They think they are useful since they place the right people at the right spot. They really are a sort of social workers, if you ask them. And you have to 'act along with that', otherwise you are the strange guy again! And that is why: I HATE RECRUITERS!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:09 AM  

  • a

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:08 PM  

  • Teksystems is the biggest piece of shit on earth. the whores who work there are nothing but dirty low down scumbags who lie and say anything to get you to take the position so they can collect money off you without their scumbag asses even lifting a finger. beware of this recruiting form and do not even engage in conversation over the phone with these waste of skin.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home